Here at Around The Classroom we’ve been posting all week long about fun activities to help celebrate Earth Day (April 22). I found this wonderful project at ptaourchildren.org.
Earth Day Craft: Rainforest in a Bottle
With only a day until Earth Day (April 22), it’s the perfect time to get your kids interested in the environment. Craft projects can take kids on an adventure! They can launch imaginations to places young minds have only read about or seen on television. And more importantly, they can spark lifelong passions and creative journeys that are priceless.
This rainforest craft project checks all those boxes. Not only is it super simple to put together, but this craft is something your child can learn from for months to come.
What you’ll need:
- Clean, plastic water or soda bottle
- 2-liter bottles work really well—especially for small hands
- Pebbles or aquarium rocks
- Activated carbonPurchase this from the pet store
- Small tropical plant, like a fern or palm
- You can also purchase this at the pet store
- Spanish moss
- Purchase this from the craft or garden supply store
- Potting soil
- Fresh moss
- Go on an adventure and gather this from outside
- Small toy animal
Follow the link here for all the directions and the how to on making this project come to life!
All images are from ptaourchildren.org.